Sydney International Horse Trials will be held this Friday to Sunday, 11-14 May.
#SydHT showcases Eventing at its best. Watch Olympians Stuart Tinney and Megan Jones as well as rising stars including Adelaide CCI4* winner Hazel Shannon and Australian CIC3* Champion Gemma Tinney.
The timetable is as follows;
- Eventing – Dressage (CCI 3*, CIC 3*, CCI 2*, CIC 2* ,CCI 1*, CIC1*) from 8:00am
- Eventing – Show Jumping (CIC 1*) 3:00pm
- Young Event Horse (4,5,6yo) 9:00amSaturday
- Eventing – Dressage (EvA105) 8:00am
- Eventing – Show Jumping (CIC 2*) 8:00am
- Eventing – Cross Country (CIC1*,CCI1*,CIC 2*,CCI 2*,CCI 3*, CIC 3*, EvA105) from 8:30am
- CIC 1*/2* Presentation 5pm
- Behind the Scenes Tours 9:30am
- 60 years of Sydney 3DE Celebration, Saturday night – all welcome 7:00pmSunday
- Eventing – Final trot up (CC1*, CCI2*, CIC 3*, CCI3*) 8:30am
- Eventing – Show Jumping (EvA 105, CC1*, CCI2*, CIC 3*, CCI3*) from 8:00am
- Behind the Scenes Tour 9:45amJoin us to celebrate our 60 year Anniversary on Saturday Evening. For just $20pp you can enjoy dinner and drinks whilst mixing with the riders and watching the premiere of our film “Riding High” The history of Eventing in Australia.You can get amongst the action by joining our popular Behind the Scenes Tours.
Entry and parking is FREE.
For more information and tickets to the Saturday night function and Behind the Scenes Tours see www.sydneyeventing.org.
Find us on FB and Instagram at Sydneyhorsetrials, #SydHT
Where: The Sydney International Equestrian Centre, Saxony Rd Horsley Park 2175
Photo credit: Stephen Mowbray
When the team of Matt Ryan, Andrew Hoy and Gillian Rolton won team gold at the Barcelona Olympics in 1992, they broke a 32 year gold medal drought for Australia. The Australians then went on to successfully defended their title in Atlanta in 1996 – winning back -to -back gold.
The 90’s were a golden era for Australian eventing and selecting only 3 horses from the pool of talent from this decade …was no mean feat! Continue reading “BACK ON TOP”
It’s time to pop on your glad rags and get ready for the Sydney International Horse Trials 2017 trot-up. Prepare to strut your stuff for our fashion-forward judges for the chance to win some fantastic prizes.
Look out for our judge, Geoff Spears (pictured below) in the 1* classes. Continue reading “STRUT YOUR STUFF”
The 80’s got off to a tumultuous start for the Australian eventers – with their boycott of the Moscow Olympics in 1980. Instead, the Australians competed at the “Alternative Olympics” in Fontainbleau and ultimately secured the team bronze.
In 1986 the World Eventing Championships were held in the Southern Hemisphere for the first time, in Gawler in SA. The Australians were successful in securing another team bronze on home soil. Continue reading “THE AWESOME 80’s”
To mark the 60th Anniversary of the Sydney 3DE – we’re getting ready to celebrate the achievements of the Australian eventing community and we would like you to join us to share your memories.
This May, the Sydney International Horse Trials will be showcasing the stories of Australian eventers by kicking up our heels at the premiere of our documentary on the history of the eventing in Australia, “Riding High” Continue reading “DUST OFF YOUR DANCING SHOES”
Enjoy a unique ‘Behind the Scenes’ tour of one of Australia’s premier equestrian events
BOOK NOW – Reserve your spot at one of the Sydney International Horse Trials – ‘Behind the Scenes Tours’. Enjoy a unique ‘Behind the Scenes’ tour with your guides, Daniel Power, world renowned UK course designer, Mike Etherington-Smith and former Australian Eventing Coach, Wayne Roycroft. Continue reading “GO BEHIND THE SCENES”